onsdag, september 23, 2009

cursum perficio 3


Death is nothing at all
I have only slipped away
into the next room
I am I, and you are you
whatever we were to eachother
that we still are

Call me by my old familiar name
Speak to me in that easy way
wich you always used
Put no difference to your tone
wear no forced air
of solemnity or sorrow

Laugh as we always lauged
at the little jokes we enjoyed together
Let my name be
ever the household word
that it always was
Let it be spoken without affect
without the trace of a shadow of it

Life means all that it ever meant
It is the same as it ever was;
there is unbroken continuity
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you
for an interval
somewhere very near
Just around the corner

All is well

3 kommentarer:

Lothiane sa...

Både bildet og diktet rørte meg veldig... Tenker på deg, kjære deg!

Dr. Borg sa...

Utrolig fint og klokt dikt.

Rockette sa...

Takk, kjæreste lothis


Takk, dr. Borg. Og velkommen hit. Skulle ønske jeg hadde noe muntrere å diske opp med. Det kommer forhåpentlig snart:-)